Saturday, March 12, 2011

Writing Group Results

So the results are in: my writing group loved one and the other one they didn't know what to make of it.  Hehehe.  I will be fair and say that out of a 27 line poem, they were unanimous in the love-fest for the last five lines.  Interesting.  So now comes the fine balancing act between taking feedback and making decisions on this piece called Circle, Holding Pattern.  Hmmmm.  Not sure yet how I'm going to move forward on it.  I think I need to sit quietly with it and see where it goes.  I am attaching below the first draft of this poem below.  I'm also making a mental note that when I've revised the piece to show what came of it on this blog.


Circle, Holding Pattern

Five points away from each other
thin rain mists stranger faces
We are three walking the dark
travel logs in back pockets
youth with an order of fries
everywhere kissing bodies
collapse upon each others
reminds me of the mess we’re in
fractured lyrics play over again
the bridge, swan dive at dawn,
straight high walker
misses footing, we’re calm
until you pick up a human tooth
slip into a pocket for safekeeping,
remember when you OD’d
you reminded me to breathe,
strum suspension wires, rhythm
promise to throw out the next poem
about rain no matter where we wind up
black ashes and oil, across your forehead
ten lives out of my mind, good fortune
too fancy in copper bowls, metal growls
echo, collect as voicemail messages
all our lives are hidden in pieces
on hand-held devices, our deities sleep
in white shrouds, compacted beneath
our bare feet, seclusion without faith. 


******
Enjoy,

Lily~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2011 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment