Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Snow in late March...really?!


Times Square from the 26th Floor

It’s a cold, dark, wet day in NYC. It’s snowing and the skies are heavy with cloud cover. The sky has a greenish tint today. I wonder if the storm is supposed to become more severe. By the look of that sky, I say it may just surprise us all.

Let’s see yesterday I took a break from the story. I was too high anxiety to settle down enough to figure out the best way to solve the issues that I’m seeing. I really love the first 10 pages but that dynamic voice in the beginning is no where else in the story. How in the world did I lose it? I may just have to lop off the beginning and make that into a short story or I have to rewrite the voice in the rest of the novel. Either way, I need to think of the small task at hand instead of the mountain that sits before me. Otherwise, it’ll never get done. So tonight when I get home from work, I will re-read this piece with a legal pad in hand to jot down more notes. The first pass was just to hear the voice and figure out the readability of it. I may create an outline of the story just to make sure that I have good bones/structure. I already know that there is a 6 page section that needs to be cut and there are a few key places that need to be built up. There is something missing with the story but I don’t know what it is yet. It’s just a feeling, like the moment right before you know you’re thirsty. You don’t quite know what you need until you make a mental check. Same thing. I guess I’ll need to work through it (by writing) to figure it out.


All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2011 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment