Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I feel like a sunflower today

I feel like a sunflower today trying to get the maximum amount of sun exposure as I can. It feels delish after a long grey wet winter.

Let’s see, a little good news:  I’m going to be a reader for Icarus magazine. I’m very excited about this and I’ve attached their link to my blog so you can check them out. Sci-Fi rules!! I know it’ll be amazing to be part of this group. I’ve checked out their current issue and they have an interview with my favorite author Kathe Koja. Yep, I think I’m in the right place Toto.

Okay, I’ll be perfectly honest and fess up that I haven’t done much writing on my novel this week. What’s the hold up? I’m distracted. I don’t want to get into the specifics of that distraction, merely that my brain seems to be trying to work something else out, not writing related. I don’t know if I am using said subject as a way to avoid the writing or if I am genuinely moving through something. Either way, I’ve been doing a lot more journal writing. A place to kvetch and pour my liver out onto the page in all it’s bloody glory. Ick…I just grossed myself out. Is it me or does this tea taste bitter now? Oops, it’s actually the tea, I left the tea bags in there too long. Anyway, I think the journal writing helps diffuse the strangle hold…or at the very least loosen the white-knuckled grip.

All for now…peace,

L~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2011 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment