Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Clearing the cobwebs

Yesterday, I managed to write a rough draft of my artist statement, hitting all the main points the grant is asking for. So it’s in bullet point form at the moment. I will work on smoothing out the edges in the coming days. I also revised five poems that I plan on sending. Five down, ten more to go. I worked solidly for two and a half hours last night once I got home from work. By 9 pm I was done for the night and I curled up to watch a cute French movie with Audrey Tautou called Priceless. The movie made me giggle and it was a nice treat after a long day.

Unfortunately, despite the work, I was restless and I tossed and turned for a good long while. After being so depleted energy-wise the past month (being sick with a chest cold), my energy is starting to rise again and I know I need to do a little more exercise. I spend 8.5 hours a day sitting behind a desk and then I go home and sit and work for another 2.5 hours writing…yes, I think my body is definitely telling me I need to go stretch and work out. Hmmm…how am I going to fit that in? I can barely get up in the morning as it is. Last night I was up until 1 am and up by 6:30. (5.5 hours of sleep). No wonder I feel not quite here today.

I am currently sipping a crappy cup of tea. No flavor, no body…just a watery thin version of what I like to drink. Hmmm. I should really get up and fix myself another cup…or at the very least stop drinking this one.

So tonight I’ll step off a couple of stops before my actual train stop and walk home. A 20-minute uphill walk may help clear the cobwebs and perhaps a bit of stretching when I get home. That will at least help get me started, yes? Then continue with revising some more material for my application and revise my statement. Plus writing group is on Friday so I can use feedback on new material, so there is that to write. Back to work.
Peace~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2011 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment