Monday, March 21, 2011

In like a lion, out like a lamb

Today I am finally re-reading my sci-fi story after a 4-week hiatus. I’ve only gotten through the first 15 pages and I can see a glaring logistical problem. *argh* The problem is making it difficult to read because my brain keeps spinning out on it. I’ll need to fix it but I’m not really sure how just yet. What crap! No, not the work. I just mean that I was anticipating this problem but I didn’t realize how this would change some of the structure/foundation of the story itself. It means a much deeper revision than I first thought. My inner critic will have a field day ripping it to pieces and putting it back together.

What is working: I like the tempo and how it reads in the first section. In fact, I may have lost it towards the end of the story. The momentum seems to have faded at the mid-point. But that can be re-written. Hmmm. I’m starting to make notes of changes so far. My brain is on fire, can you smell the smoke? It’s a restless unfocused energy and I’m having a hard time settling myself down long enough to work on the fiction.

It’s actually snowing today! Really? The first day of spring was yesterday. What happened to March coming in like a lion and going out like a lamb? Big fluffy snowflakes do not count as going out like a lamb. All for now…I’m going to sit here and grumble to myself for a while. *arms crossed, grumbling*

Lily


All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2011 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment