Friday, March 11, 2011

When is the caffeine suppose to kick in?

Another rainy day in Noo Yawk Sitty and I am trying to pry my eyes open. I am drinking coffee this morning…things must be dire if I’ve chosen coffee over tea. I’m hoping the caffeine will kick in at any moment. I can’t believe I’ve been in the office for almost two hours. What have I done exactly? I sincerely think I’ve been sleeping with my eyes open (slightly).

Moving on, yesterday I spent the better part of the day writing. I came up with two poems and one blog entry. Five hours, two poems…yes that’s how long those two pieces took me. I’m hoping that I didn’t overwork them. I’ll find out tonight when I present them to my writing group for feedback. Argh, I always get a bit nervous bringing in new work. I know they will be respectful and encouraging…but like most writers I sometimes think my peers will take one read and look at me with disgust and say something like, “what the hell did you just write?” I know that is as far from reality but there is a small part of me that can’t help feel insecure about new work. But I AM excited at what I’m about to present tonight. It feels new and fresh to me and I want to include it in this application packet. We shall see.

Peace,

L~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2011 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment