- Still dealing with some health issues. Altho things are on the upswing. Yay! Not feeling quite so terrible.
- I'm learning to spend time relaxing which is hard work for someone who is used to constantly working. I was thinking about what my life was like several years ago: I was working several jobs to make ends meet, taking grad classes and making a go of my creative writing. It's been quite the adjustment.
- Last weekend, I even spent some time sunbathing in my backyard. The day was warm with a rich breeze and I was so caught up in the book that I was reading that I burned. Lots of Aloe Vera slathered on for several days after that.
- June 24th, I went to see Tegan and Sara live in concert. They were fantastic and I always enjoy their live performances.
- June 27th, I went to see Neil Gaiman at Carnegie Hall. He read from a couple of stories while a string quartet played along as they projected graphic images. Loved it! So much fun and a much appreciated birthday gift from a good friend.
- I have also been suffering from a bad case of World Cup fever. Sunday afternoon is a big game between Mexico and Netherlands. Eek. Can't wait!
- I've been reading lots of fiction. Currently reading Hate List by Jennifer Brown. The writing is okay but it has some really decent emotional moments.
- I've been pulling books from my overflowing bookshelves and setting them out for neighbors to scavenge. I've managed to fill and give away two boxes of books.
- My writing has stalled. I've been writing on scrap paper again. Can't quite get enough momentum on either of the pieces I've been working on. So I keep writing bits and pieces.
- I'm on my first week of giving up sugar. For the next six weeks, no fruit, no fruit juices, no sugar, no honey, no starchy veggies, no rice and no soda. I'm just adding to my very long list of food restrictions. This getting healthy is hard work.
- I have to add aerobics to my exercise routine. hmmm. Again getting healthy is hard work.
- Also, I am hooked on the Canadian sci-fi show Continuum. I caught the first season on Netflix and now I'm moving through season 2.
- Last but not least, I'm working on a new set of goals. It's mid-year and I'm reassessing what I've accomplished so far. Time for a new set for the second half of the year. I can't believe we are almost done with July...good lord, time seems to pick up speed as we get older. Yikes!
All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2014 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.