Saturday, April 2, 2011

Music soothes the savage beast

Gosh, what a difficult week.

The one constant has been good music.  I'm obsessed with good singers at the moment.  As some of you may know, I recently discovered Adele's, Rolling in the Deep, wrote an entry on it last month.  Then Tony told me to check out Gregory Douglass's cover of Adele's, Set Fire to the Rain. I gotta tell you, I'm liking his version better.  Check out his video on youtube:


Gregory's voice is just beautiful.  Love it!!  If you do too...You can get the single on iTunes: http://bit.ly/h5NUrB

Then on Thursday night Sara Ramirez sang "The Story" on Grey's Anatomy.  I liked her version because of the melodramatic flair...but that's the Latin blood talking. This beautiful Chicana has an amazing voice.  I didn't realize how brilliant until now.  Which of course led me to find another track by Sara called "Break My Heart." It's crazy good and you should have a listen in case you were looking for something new.

Last one...but I almost don't want to admit to this one. Carla Bruni (sound familiar? Italian model, now wife of current president of France).  Yep that one.  In 2003, she had this really sweet sounding song called "Quelqu-un m'a Dit."  I think the rasp-iness to her voice is like vin doux.  Anyway, I listen to this song and it makes me sigh.  

Hope you enjoy these tasty treats...peace and much love.

L~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2011 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

3 comments:

  1. You may like Susan Tedeschi's gravely vocal too, particularly her cover of a Robert Johnson track called Walking Blues

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonym,

    Thanks for the tip, will definitely check her out.

    L~

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may also like The XX, Ting Tings, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Florence and the Machine. British music has had a phenomenal 2 yrs months.

    ReplyDelete