Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sticky ZZZZZZZZZZ

Last night, writing was a bit grueling. Let me rephrase that. I’m dealing with a difficult scene. On the one hand, I was able to carve out some language and incorporate some new ideas after last week’s feedback. On the other hand, after two hours of work, I only had 790 words added to the chapter. It was going but each new sentence or turn of phrase came out painfully s-l-o-w. My first reaction after 2 hours of work was “that’s it?!” But a teeny voice in the back of my brain was celebrating. It means two more hours of work on a manuscript that was neglected for a week while I transitioned to my new place. It means 790 more words than I had the day before. It means that I have worked every day this week since Sunday on this story. It means I am that much closer to finishing it. So the teeny voice is getting heard for a change. Phew!

It’s a grey day in Noo Yawk Sitty and the low grade migraine that I have had for the past three days is slowly…very slowly starting to subside. I know there is a storm front heading our way and once the storm passes, I hope this migraine will go with it. My skin has felt cold and clammy these last couple of days. Cold damp weather is not good for the Kapha constitution. Blah! Ooo it just started raining. It’s a light foggy misty kind of rain. A wimpy kind of rainwater that barely leaves drops on the windows. Meanwhile, my very straight hair (heavily weighed down with product) is frizzing up. Dammit!! Hehehe.

Uhm gosh, what else? Oh yes, I accidently spilled a cup of my tea onto my work station’s keyboard yesterday. So now the letter ZZZZZZZZ gets stuck. I tried to wipe it down with paper towels and I thought I managed to dry it all but alas I think all the nasty dusty crud has mingled with the sugar from my tea to make it a sticky ZZZZZZZZZZ. What crap, I may have to go in with a damp cloth between the key spacing to clear it out. Bleck! As you can see I am very busy with very important tasks at my day job. All right, I guess I need to get my day started.

Peace,

Lily

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2011 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment