Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Good Chunk of Pages

I’ll start off by sharing that I didn’t do any writing on Tuesday night. I had some errands to run for this upcoming move on Saturday. Boogie down Bronx, here I come. I checked out the apartment and what will be my room and I’m both pleased and excited that it’s finally happening. There is nothing like feeling stuck in a holding pattern to put one in a grumpy mood. But I see light at the end of the tunnel and can’t wait to settle into my new digs.

Yesterday was another story altogether. It was a slow day at work so I managed to copyedit a couple of pages which had my wheels turning on the next section until I reached home. I was able to write up another 725 words on the novel. I filled in some of those spaces that I rushed through during my first draft. I still haven’t even reached the large section that I’m going to cut yet. So all that added text is crucial to getting this story to novel length. It’s all rolling along.

I think I’ll have a good chunk of pages to bring to my writing group on April 15th. We are gearing up to start up our meetings again after a four-week hiatus. I’m excited to show them this work. I’ve only allowed one person to take a look at my shitty first draft (first 10 pages) but that’s it. Eeek! Yes, a bit nervous but they are really very encouraging so I’m sure it’ll be fine.

Last bit, I wanted to give a shout out to those of you who have been lending your support during these past weeks. It’s such a motivator to know that folks are out there rooting for me. So a big thank you, I’m feeling the love and really appreciating it. *big cheesy smile*

Uhm yep, I think that’s all she wrote today. It’s a grey rainy Wednesday but life is good.

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2011 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment