Monday, April 11, 2011

Moving Day!

OMG! If I never have to take down and build up another Ikea bookshelf, I’ll be so very grateful. It’s been a crazy weekend moving into my new digs with my sister. Every muscle in my body aches…so I am keeping the ibuprofen companies in business. Not to mention all the nicks, cardboard cuts, black-and blue bruises I’ve got up and down my arms and legs.

We managed to unpack most of the boxes yesterday. I’m down to the last four boxes and V is down to her last two. We definitely have to organize the living room and couple of the closets, since we were working on just getting the boxes unpacked. My sis is already threatening to throw out my couch. :-(  I love that couch even if it is worn down and ready to be thrown out. Hehehe. Well for now it stays put.

My family helped out a great deal and for that I want to give them a big shout out!! Thank you!!

We won’t have cable or internet access until the 22nd. Bleck!! Who knew I was so addicted to technology. I’ve tried using WiFi to steal some airtime but everyone has their access on lockdown. WTH? I could always walk down to Starbies but I’m not in the mood to watch a streaming movie in a cafĂ© quite yet.

Today is a mild but foggy day. I gotta tell you, it doesn’t even seem to matter that the day is so grey! I’m feeling really good about being in a new space, even if I am tired as all get out and despite our little bumps this weekend, living with my sister Vick will be fine. I say this now let’s see what these blog entries look like in a couple of months.

Tonight, I am going to finish unpacking the last of the boxes and start organizing my desk area and art supplies. I want to pitch my paintings. I just don’t really have a place to store them. Hmmm. I’ll have to think on that one. I’m sure I can come up with a solution. Oooo, I just got an inkling of an idea. I also need to make a list of what is missing from the apartment. *big yawn* My day has barely started but I’m too tired to get started.

I am hoping to find some time tonight to do a little writing and little stretching…not necessarily in that order. Let’s see how the day unfolds.

Peace,


Lily


All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2011 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment