Friday, April 15, 2011

Waking Up to a Sunrise

This morning, I woke up with the sunrise. The sky was orange and purply. It was lush and then I turned around in bed and slept for another hour. I wasn’t quite set to get ready for work. That’s usually the moment when I just want to stay home and do my own work.

It’s time to start writing again. I’m antsy and I’ve missed working on my novel this past week. I still have two and half boxes left to unpack. The things in these last boxes have been difficult to figure out where to put away. I’ve run out of closet space. I may just need to start throwing things out. Eeek!! Attached much? Just a bit.

For example, I have this cool little stereo that plays CDs…but since I have most of my music on my computer, I hardly ever use an actual system anymore. And of course, I also have to figure out where I would put the darn thing. Small room, limited space. It looks like I will need one more bookshelf (or take back the one I gave my sister). That way I have somewhere to put books that I am currently using/reading etc. My brain keeps mulling over the possibilities. So if you’ve seen me on the train these days with a faraway look, I’m probably thinking of where the last bit of things will fit in. It’s like one big jigsaw puzzle. Hehehe.

So back to writing. Yes, must get back on track. I think I’ve been waiting for things to settle down. I have felt, for the past week, like my life was still up in the air being in the new space. I guess I just needed time to adjust or at the very least unpack the rest of the boxes. Erck! Who knew one person could have so much crap?

This weekend, I’ll finish clearing out the space, give the apartment a good cleaning and then I’m back to working on my story again. Yay! I can’t wait.

All for now...


L~


All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2011 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

1 comment:

  1. Don't throw anything away...give it away to someone who can use it! Don't add more to the overfull landfills!

    I look forward to hearing about your writing again. I am impressed you have unpacked so quickly, but then, nothing like wanting to get back to creating to motivate you! It will be my turn next...

    ReplyDelete