Saturday, April 23, 2011

Rain, rain, go away....

Saturday morning and I am sitting in front of this post trying to come up with something interesting to write.  Can you smell the smoke?
 
Let's see, writing group went well last night, I had decent feedback. I'm not sure how to address some of their comments within the story yet.  I'll just have to think on it.  I plan on writing today but I've had a late start and I have a family lunch to go to shortly.

My niece Gexy turned 15 this week.  I can't believe I am an aunt to a 15-year old teen.  When did that happen?  And can we stop the aging process please?  Like right now.  She had her first student show at Pratt's Saturday Art Program last Saturday and I am blown away at her talent.  Gexy has a quirky brain and I like being surprised by her interpretation of the way she sees the world. Interesting to say the least.

I'm trying to organize my brain to what to do after lunch.  There are errands to run, kitty litter to buy and box to clean out.  There are chores in the house to take care of...blah!  This is the time when I most need someone else to take care of that for me.  Who am I kidding?  I'm sure I will tackle it when I get back from lunch this afternoon.  And fit in some writing.  Hmmm maybe I'm approaching this all wrong.  Perhaps today I'll try to fit in the chores and just write.  If I want to finish this novel this year, I need to make the most of my weekends on this project.  Yes, my head is on straight now.

Which reminds me, someone sent me a manuscript of their novel and I'd also like to take a read of that as well.  I'll convert it into a PDF and upload it onto my Nook.  And there is also Kathe Koja's book, Under the Poppy.  I've been wanting to read this book for ages but I was waiting for some down time.

All right, I'm off to a birthday lunch.

Peace,

Lily


All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2011 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment