Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Wet, Windy, Wednesday

It’s a wet, windy, Wednesday. This day was not made for umbrellas.

What is there to report? I still have five and a half boxes to unpack. Yep, I found one more. The last couple of days have been about trying to figure out where to put my writing desk. Initially, I had it in the living room but I realized that I have really gotten used to writing in my own room. I’m trying hard not to be so high maintenance. At the end of the day, I just want a quiet room to hear myself think.

Yesterday, I treated myself with a much needed massage. I didn’t realize how tight my neck and shoulders were until I was on the table. This is the first time in a long while that I have been flush enough to treat myself. So yay!!  I’m sure my accountant would tsk-tsk at me with a pointed finger and all but I’m on a new self-care kick. See me roar!! Rawr!!  And big thank you to Elise Constantine, masseuse extraordinaire...she's amazing!!

On another note, Friday I have writing group and I’m finally going to bring in my first chapter. I’m nervous and excited about it. Let’s see how it goes. Every time I think about it, I can feel my heart pound in my chest…yes, a little nervous indeed.

I also have a function to attend Friday night in Chelsea. I’m not really sure what will be appropriate wear …ergh…I’m going straight from work to writing group then straight to a cocktail-type party. Let’s see how I can finagle my way through those events, at least it’s not supposed to rain. I should knock on wood because with my luck it will pour. Hehehe.

My plan for tonight is to do some yoga/stretching, finish unpacking, spend some time on my novel (not necessarily in that order), read and drink lots of hot water with lemon. Yep, we don’t have cable or internet access at the moment so there is plenty to do with no media distractions. That’s all I’ve got for today.

Peace,

L~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2011 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment