Monday, April 25, 2011

Wilted State

I can't sleep tonight.  
I went to see the newest remake of Jane Eyre.  There is something about period movies that makes my romantic sensibilities lose control.  Directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga, screenplay written by Moira Buffini. 
The language was lush and the quiet moments hummed with intensity.  Visually stunning, landscape as stark and bare as the protagonist.  Declarations of love, poetic.  The loneliness and longing so palpable it takes a strangle hold and dares not let go. Left in its wake is me in a bit of a wilted state.  I guess it does no good to wallow.  Must get some rest...


Peace,


L~    

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2011 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment