Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It's been a minute since I last wrote a blog entry

Gosh, it’s been a minute since I last wrote a blog entry. Let me start off with the writing. I took my first chapter to my writing group last Friday. They gave me some excellent feedback, both on what’s working and what’s not working. The holes in the logic of the science that I thought I had worked through apparently still have some problems. It was important for me to hear their feedback and it’s already helped on how I’m compensating in the upcoming chapters. I like figuring out ways to change/adjust the story accordingly. I also have to adjust timeline. I thought I had figured out the dates properly but after their feedback, I can see the mess. Hehehe. But I am not disheartened in fact their positive feedback has motivated me to finish Chapter 2 so I can bring to writing group this week.

On Sunday, for the first time since I’ve moved into the new space, I worked on my manuscript for three long, quiet hours. It was a slice of heaven. My sister Vick went to the museum then to yoga so I had the place all to myself. And I worked straight through until lunchtime. Then I took a much needed break and spent some time stretching. I spend way too many hours in front of a computer so it helped to move and twist my body a bit.

I also wanted to share a bit of the NYFA function I attended on Friday. It was great fun and I managed to meet four new artists at the event. A sculptor, a filmmaker and a couple of painters, oh my! I saw some of my fellow bootcampers at this little shin dig so did some catching up with Ged, Rachel and Katy. But I was completely fascinated by the sculptor who wants to write. T. is from Argentina so English is her second language but I encouraged her to write anyway. To just do it! We, creative types, need to spend time exploring those internal nudges. It’s honoring the impulse and if the call is strong enough then we should take a risk, take a leap of faith and see where we land. She has written one page so far and I hope she continues. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain by answering the call that beckons us. Am I being woo-hoo enough?! All right, I’m off my soap box…gosh, I can’t help myself. I just want to see artists thrive and succeed in their creative pursuits. Seriously!!

Anyway, that’s all she wrote today…gotta get back to the admin grind.

Peace,


Lily~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2011 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment