Thursday, May 26, 2011

"My watch is exactly two days late"

I have a bit of a crooked mouth today. It’s not a smile or a smirk. I found out earlier this week that I did not win a small grant I had applied for. It’s disappointing. I really thought I’d have a little money coming in so I can take a week off from my day job to write. What a luxury that would have been. The sarcasm runs deep. I need to shake it off and on to the next grant. I’m trying to find a steady core between money and creative work.

Anyway, neither here nor there…onto chapter 3 to work through revisions in the novel. I need to resolve the last scene with a groovy escape for my protagonist. I have an inkling of an idea but I haven’t figured out who are allies and who are enemies yet. *rolling my eyes* I just need to write the scene. New written material always comes out so much slower than revising words that are already written out. Then chapter three needs to be updated and reshaped based on the changes that I’ve made to the story and the technology. So much to do, so little time. Feel like the white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland… “I’m late, I’m late” “my watch is exactly two days late,” yep that’s my normal modus operandi.

On that note…gotta get back to work.

Peace,

L~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2011 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment