Wednesday, May 18, 2011

*grumble, grumble*

Sitting at my desk, working on my novel and nothing is coming out today.  Can’t force it, can’t make it happen.  The more I grasp at this ephemeral material the less access there is to it.  I’m frustrated!!  Wrote a grand total of 68 words today.  I’m not a happy camper.  In fact, my inner writer wants to throw herself on the floor in a fit of rage.  A bit dramatic I know…but full throttle kicking and screaming out of sheer frustration. I need an intervention. The belief in my own ability to finish this project is flagging today.  I can feel hot, biting tears filling up my eye sockets as I write these words out.  Yes, a bit overly dramatic.  I have to remember that I’ve gotten this far with the story.  I have managed to finish projects in the past so I am capable of finishing this one.  And just because I don’t “feel” it today doesn’t mean it will NEVER come.  The inner critic has the bullhorn today and all I can hear is, “I can’t write.”  I think a long walk after work is needed.  I’m so caught up in my own head that I’ve forgotten how to breathe.  Peace~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2011 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment