Monday, May 23, 2011

Despite Another Rainy Monday…

I am punch-love-drunk with blog entries today. Can’t help myself. I’ve had some really bright moments the last couple of days and I wanted to share. I’ve already written about my writing breakthrough so I won’t go into that again. But I’ve been riding the wave of those positive vibes.

Thursday night, I signed the lease to my very first art studio. It’s an itty bitty thing of 200 square feet but I am thrilled to pieces over having a place I can work creatively. A big shout out to chashama for an affordable working space. Hoorah!! I’ll be able to move all of my art equipment into the space on June 1st. Doing a little happy dance.

It’s been tough having had to pack away all my paints and canvases since leaving the OAC residency last March. And I’ve been itching to work in a medium away from language. There are ideas I’ve wanted to work through involving wire screens and canvas to create some mix media pieces. This would be a good way for me to continue doing creative work when I am stuck with the writing. It’s also a space to work on the writing, away from my apartment where I am easily get distracted with T.V., movies and even housecleaning.

I’ll need to buy two small metal lockers to store my equipment. These are open studio spaces so I would like to keep a secure storage space for paints and mediums. If anyone knows of some cheap lockers or would like to donate to the cause, I’d really appreciate it.

Peace,

L~


All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2011 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment