Tuesday, May 10, 2011

This is where I’m at…

Last night, I got home made myself a big salad of leafy greens and some crumbly feta cheese and basically inhaled it. I had a very early lunch at 11:30 am…not my idea…and by the time I got home I was hun-gry! By 6:45 pm I was in front of my computer working on my novel. I worked until 8:30 with a few minor phone interruptions.

Writing: it was very slow going but I was mentally ready that it was going to come out like molasses. After not working on the novel for quite awhile it will take time to find my way back into the middle of the story again. It won’t take long if I put some time into the work every night this week. The only way to get through a difficult area is to just write my way out of the corner.

I also managed to do some light stretching and exercise. My poor body has needed some movement. This office work (day job) and then writing life just keeps me seated most of the day. Despite the short 12 minute walk back and forth to the subway, that’s just not enough of a workout. I keep having dreams about running at a flat out run so even my dreams are about movement. I’m a bit sore this morning but I’ll do some yoga tonight to stretch those tight hamstrings. Eeek!

Hmm what else? Oh yes, so I’m down to the last 40 pages of Under the Poppy. It’s so good that I didn’t want to put it down this morning. I managed to get to a good holding point but I want lunch to come around quickly so I can buy a knish and sit out in the middle of Times Square to finish off the rest of this novel. Yep, that’s all I’m worried about at the moment.

Peace,

L~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2011 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment