Thursday, September 25, 2014

A Most Wanted Man


I know I'm late on the upswing on this movie, it's been out for months and months but I finally saw A Most Wanted Man last weekend.  What an amazing film!  Phillip Seymour Hoffman is subtle and nuanced in this role and Robin Wright as the American counterpart is flawless.  It's filled with tense political intrigue and the ending made me gasp out loud. Truly. There is something about these spy movies that have always captivated me. I wouldn't have the stones to be in that life.  Who could you trust?  The world is such a dark and twisted place full of enemies of the state and national security is always at stake, how could anyone sleep at night? Ever?

Of course, this makes me think about how Power needs to create an "other"/ an enemy in order to justify torture, murder, rape all in the name of nationalist or religious rhetoric.  Wow!  How did I get here on this one?  You get my drift though, political structures and tactics created for the sake of power.  Maintaining that power.  Ends justifying the means.  We create this fear and FEAR is contagious.  I've gone down the rabbit hole. I won't go on tho'.  That's for a different entry on another blog.  :-)

Peace, L~


All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2014 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment