Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sunday

Sunday. As I type these lines Pandora is lying next to my laptop trying to nudge me into giving her some more treats.  Her thyroid condition is still out of whack so she is HUNGRY ALL-THE-TIME.  She woke me up at five this morning to get her first meal of the day.  And then second breakfast happened 20 minutes ago.  Plus treats and meds. I'm hoping her meds will even her out soon.

Let's see I spent Saturday working on my novel. I didn't even tell myself that I was going to work on it, I just opened up the folder and opened up the document and I started typing. If I had known I was going to work on it, I would have convinced myself to do anything else. In the quiet of my basement room I was able to revise half a chapter.  *sigh* This is such a slow process because I'm realizing, I am a SLOW writer.  My friend Christine calls it SLOGGING.  Hahaha.  What a great word!  And yes, that is what it feels like at times. I sometimes lose the fire for the project.  It's just an ember sometimes waiting for a soft gust of wind to bring the fire back.  Anyway, at least I put in a couple of hours into it yesterday.

After I finish this entry, I am going to face the page again.  Wish me luck!! I'm just going to put a little bit of time and hopefully the story takes over.  I just have to get out of the way of the story to do that.  Ergh!  Easier said than done.

This afternoon, I'm going to a poetry reading at Nuyorican Cafe with a good friend.  That should be fun! Poetry readings always pick me up when language is used in interesting ways.

On Tuesday night I am going to see fun at Pier 26 come rain or shine.  But really I'm going mostly to see their opening act...Tegan and Sara!!  Yay!!! Very excited!!  Hopping around as I listen to their music. It's the only time that I think I'm part rabbit.  I hear their music and it makes me want to hop.  teehee!!

God less than two weeks and the month of July is over. The summer is going by so quickly. And this temp gig will end soon too.  Ergh!  I'm going to have to shift gears again and start sending out some fresh resumes.  But who's going to read them in August?  Most people will be off on vacation.  Okay not the time to panic...back to my writing.

Peace,
L~



All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2013 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment