Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Lines of Poetry and Live Music

Wednesday night.  I have lines of poetry circling around in my head.  They are zygotes of an idea, not yet ready to be put down on a page.  I'll have my notebook next to my pillow when the lines wake me up. *yawn*  I'm ready for bed but I wanted to write a few more lines.

Tuesday night was fantastic.  Loved seeing Tegan and Sara at Pier 26.  I belted out every song in full voice 'cause I could. And yes I hopped around for a little bit too.  Tegan wore a t-shirt with a Tempest emblem...remember that old Atari arcade game.  It made me crush on her a little bit more for it.  At one point, one of the audience members (male hipster) who was standing next to me, said "Holy f**k, you knew every song." I said, "Hell Yeah!  I came to see them." I left soon after...the fun. crowd was making things a little too tight for my taste.  God! I really wish I could get over this claustrophobia I get during concerts.  I was way up in the front because I was there to see T&S...but once folks started pushing forward to get a closer spot to see fun. I was done!! I scrambled my 5'2" frame outta there and found the nearest water station 'cause I was hot and faint.  Anyway, the one decent pic that I got of T&S I've uploaded here:
July 23, 2013 at Pier 26 in New York City
I'm also attaching WHERE DOES THE GOOD GO...I always love when they sing this song live. Yay!!

Rock on people, rock on!!

L~


All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2013 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment