Friday, February 15, 2013

Bright Friday Morning

Bright Friday Morning. While waiting for the train, I found a spot on the platform that had the sun shining directly on my face. Yum. I closed my eyes and let the light…lighten my mood. And boy did that work! Usually, I’m so light sensitive that I’m skimming the shadows but that small dose of sunlight lifted my spirits.

With a long weekend ahead and some cash in my pocket…I am itching to do something fun. I actually don’t know what that entails yet but just keeping my options open for the time being.

I finished Among Others last night and it was such a crap ending. I am sincerely pissed that I read that book cover to cover. Ergh! What a waste!! I meant to grab another book from the shelf this morning but I was running late. I feel a purge coming on, just go through my shelves and see what books I can give away. I actually like leaving paperbacks on trains and benches. Technically, I know it’s littering but you never know who might need a book to read.

Ooooo I just realized that I have several comic books that I haven’t read yet. How did I forget about them? Well I remember buying them before I moved several years ago and put them into storage while I was living in my folk’s house. Then when I moved to this new apartment last year, I took everything out of storage but I JUST REMEMBERED NOW that I have a slew of graphic novels and comic books that I’ve never even read. Cool beans…it’s going to be like Christmas.

I am buzzing with excitement!! I scored tickets to see Ben Howard in concert at Central Park in July AND tickets to see HALESTORM at Roseland Ballroom in April. WooHoo!! I am so hyped up that I can barely sit still.

Rock on people, rock on!!

L~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2013 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

1 comment:

  1. "I actually like leaving paperbacks on trains and benches. Technically, I know it’s littering but you never know who might need a book to read."
    - That's a story waiting to be told, very David Mitchell.
    Ben Howard rocks.Keep an eye out for Laura Marling and I imagine you know all about The XX and Tune Yards and Lianne La Havas and Valerie June http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ywuF-N8xXQ
    S.x

    ReplyDelete