Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Tegan & Sara - Beacon Theater 2/19


I am exhausted but content on this cold winter morning.

Tegan & Sara at the Beacon last night…what an amazing show! I love the fact that this duo has such a following. There were moments when we were all singing along and all these voices coming together, joining in, echoing throughout the theater, made this night powerful. Old and new songs sung and an encore performance. Yay! Living Room, Walking with a Ghost and I Couldn’t Be Your Friend were my favorite songs of the night. What a great concert!! They play again tonight and for a second, I thought about buying tickets to go see them again. But I’ve tempered the impulse. I’ll enjoy the night for what it was and do something else tonight. I've attached an audio file of "I Couldn't Be Your Friend."  This album HeartThrob has really grown on me.  There were some songs that I was iffy about at first but then I would be in a certain mood or hear a line or a music phrase and find a deeper appreciation for it.

Anyway, after the show I took the crosstown bus and for some reason every time I do this after a show from the Beacon, I get lost.  I was wandering around 3rd Ave and 79th Street for about 20 minutes looking for a the subway station.  This is the third time that's happened to me.  It was late and cold so there was no one on the streets to ask.  So I headed uptown and walked over one block west to find some familiar streets.  I found the station.  yay!! Here's the thing, I always confuse 79th with 86th.  Down that street the bus drops me off right in front of my train station. That will not happen to me again, (I think).  If it wasn't so cold I would have appreciated the walk.  I got home at half past midnight, took a long hot shower and tried to sleep.  But my neighbors kid was crying up a storm last night until half past one. Late, late night...makes for a bleary-eyed version of me today. 

Writing Update: On Monday, I spent about 4.5 hours writing. The ending needs more work but what I have so far is working. My inner critic is doing the “kind-of” sign in the back of my brain. I also started writing the epilogue chapter. It’s written in a bit of a shorthand sort of way so there is plenty to develop out. As I write this chapter I can feel more story unfolding. Ergh! I’m just letting it come out. No stopping it this time. Who knows it might become the sequel. Or perhaps there is a bit more story to tell before the novel actually ends. We shall see how that turns out.

Yesterday, no writing. Too busy at work and then the concert at night. Instead, I sat and read an article in the New Yorker about Amy Bishop, the woman who killed three colleagues at the University of Alabama in 2010. I have a germ of an idea after reading the piece. More scraps of notes in the bottom of my purse. There is a story / play in there somewhere.

Okay that’s all I have for today.

Peace,

L~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2013 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment