Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Crackling Tuesday

I am taking a break from the tedious dysfunction of my day job because my head is about to split open and a swarm of locust are going to come flying out. Argh!! I am in such a rotten mood today. And the worse my mood gets, the quicker I snap at the people around me. Perhaps I shouldn’t listen to the head-thrashing rock music right now…that seems to exacerbate this feeling of utter frustration coursing through my body. I need ice cubes to nosh on. It always helps “cool” me down.
My sister writes, “You determine how you respond to information.”
Ergh. Right now my response is anger, the cold jaw-tightening kind.

Trying to listen to some music to pull me out of my mood or at the very least change my automatic setting. Anyway, I’ve been listening to this new group, POLIÇA. The lead singer uses reverb or Auto-tunes or some crazy techie app to create this computerized sound. Usually, not a big fan of this kind of music making but for some reason I’m hooked on this song. Maybe it’s the cute lead singer with the pixie haircut. Or maybe it’s her awkward nerdy dance moves. You gotta love it.

Novel Writing Update: Last night’s word count: 1,404
Bringing my total word count up to 7,160.
That’s something, I guess.

I’m off shortly to go take a walk. Perhaps NYC’s icy air will help dispel the heat of this fury. Or maybe some retail therapy? The vendors are up in Bryant Park. Oof, need to be very careful with that tactic.

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2012 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment