Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunday Loose-ness

Writing Update: 
Thursday ~200 words
Friday: ~1,600 words
Saturday: ~1,800 words
Sunday: 1,880 words
Total to date: 20,041
New Pages since Nov 1st: 62

I know I gripe way too much about my life, my writing and everything in-between. Here's the thing, my griping is part of my process. It is. I whine. I bitch. I complain and then I write. Then I start again.  But I always come back to the page. It keeps me sane. It give me a glow. It's where I find some of my power. Some, not all.   I still don't know where i'm going with this novel.  More days than not, I just want to burn the damn thing...but I'm not allowed to do that.  I just need to get to the end of the story arc.  That is my only job at the moment.  

Although writing along with NaNoWriMo, the goal was to hit 50,000 words...I'm not sure I'll reach that goal.  I'll just keep digging in every day and see how far I get.  But I'll put in time every day.  Five more days left till the end of the month. (Which roughly means 6,000 words per day if I try to reach for that goal). Then 31 more days till the end of the year to get my first draft done.  I am REACHING...and STRETCHiNG to get it done.  

I had a good time spending Thanksgiving with my family  Lots of laughs, lots of good food, lots of alcohol (altho' I abstained for a change), lots of shouty discussions and I had a fantastic time. Yay! My baked butternut squash dish didn't quite turn out the way I wanted...just wouldn't cook properly.  Ah well, no point.  For a change I did not beat myself up over it.  Progress.Little baby steps. 

Healthy food choices were okay. This week is not the week for weighing in.  I treated myself to an amazing Thai massage on Sunday.  It's been awhile since I've been able to move my neck this freely.  Ergh!  Way too much time at the computer.  Anyway, must get back to yoga on a more regular basis to keep the loose feeling going.  

Peace,

L~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2012 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment