Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pulling It Together.


Today I woke up in a better head space. I went home feeling pretty low but I talked some of it out and not even 15 minutes into the conversation I was starting to feel better. I realized that this feeling of unsatisfaction only come on when I start in on myself about where I “should be” in my life, career, writing, relationships, etc. instead of being fully present to where I am right now! Serenity Now!! That makes such a huge difference in my outlook. Shifting perspective just a half inch to the right helped.

Last night, I helped tutor someone who is studying for one of his professional exams and to see him make significant strides in both the work and the material gave me a feeling of a job well done. We are far from done since his test is at the end of the month but just changing a few of his study habits has really helped him retain a vast amount of information. Yay!! His progress helped turn my self-pity mood around.

So today I had my hungry kitty sitting on my bed, staring at my face, until her Jedi powers woke me up. She wouldn’t allow me to go back to sleep because she kept patting my face with her paw. Glad her claws were retracted. Hehehe.

I also went down another lb. Yay!! Doing a happy dance. Bringing my total up to 20.5 lbs in 10 weeks. Hoorah!! I am closer to my goal.

All for now…peace out~
L~

I'm back to waving my freak flag, Beotches!!  Video below: Halestorm - Freak Like Me. 

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2012 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment