Thursday, October 25, 2012

Wired and Tired (part deux)

Hudson River, October 2012
I'm back!  It's taken me a couple of days to sit down and write an entry.  The long weekend visiting T was good.  Lots of running around, schlepping materials and inventory.  Not much writing done...oh well.  Basically, I crashed every night I was there.  Altho' I managed to learn how to make sushi rolls...who knew it was so easy?  Thanks for the lesson Tony.  Brought home some stinky Korean stew and homemade white nectarine jam.  Yum!!  Also managed a quick pic from my train window.  

It's 11:30 pm and my brain is wide awake...the body not so much.  God! I want to write and write and write and I'm sure I'll end up with only quick paragraphs of random bits.  

Finally finished Beautiful Shadow: A Life of Patricia Highsmith by Andrew Wilson.  This bio was both dense and so well written.  It took me a while to get through and the inevitable ending brought tears to my eyes.  She died in a hospital alone.  Ah.  We are all moving in that same direction, n'est pas?  I am neither morose or morbid about death, instead I've linked arms with it.  If we're doing this, there is much to done before it comes to pass.  Hopefully, I'll get to accomplish one or two more things before I pass on.   

I've picked up the book Art & Fear: Observations on the Perils (and Rewards) of Artmaking by David Bayles & Ted Orland.  This is a must-have for every creative person out there.  I've read this book quite a few times especially when I'm stuck with my writing.  I am telling you I can open to any page at random and it inspires me to work.  This book is MAGIC for me.  On the train home from the day job, I read the section on Perfectionism and actually laughed out loud because the authors should have just started the chapter with Dear Lily... it was so on point.  Ergh!  Embarrassing but true.

I've been watching the show Nashville.  Yes, guilty pleasure.  Loving the cast and storyline on this new tv drama.  Okay, I know I'm not a big fan of country music but there are a couple of songs on there so good I had to download at least one.  My pick for tonight was Fade Into You sung by Sam Palladio and Clare Bowen.  The version was so sweet and tender it made me go all mush.  * awwwww *

Okay, I think I'm going to finish there...I'll write more in the morning after my first cup of tea.

Peace,

L~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2012 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment