Thursday, October 4, 2012

HEART Rocked My World


Last night at the Beacon Theater…Ann Wilson rocked my world! She is the reason why I love the sound of rocker women! And she wailed last night up to the rafters and I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!! The show was truly amazing. She started the gig with a couple of songs from her new album which were reminiscent of early Heart music. And then the third song started as a tender version of What About Love, which crescendo-ed with the chorus and big soppy tears began to roll down my face and she had me hooked from that point on.

I know there is this amazing band that is playing alongside of Ann Wilson so big props to them for playing their hearts out (no pun intended). Nancy Wilson on her guitars, both electric and acoustic, was PHENOMENAL!! True blue rock music filled the space up.

I grew up listening to HEART and to hear them now live after all these years made me lose my mind. Ann Wilson still has such a powerful voice and I could not get enough of it. I was thrashing and singing and howling along with them and I was loving every minute of it. They sang ALONE, THESE DREAMS, CRAZY ON YOU, MAGIC MAN and my all time favorite BARRACUDA. I could not stop screaming and by the end of the night I had very little voice left but who needs to talk. Heart played a two-hour show and god-oh-god-oh-god were they worth it!! I am so VERY FUCKING GLAD that this is how I’m ending my concert season. Hoo-RAH! Rocker Chicks Rule!!

Peace,

L~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2012 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment