Monday, October 8, 2012

It’s a brisk October day and I like the feel of the cold breeze on me.

This weekend I watched my younger sister Vick run a half-marathon in Staten Island. She ran 13.1 miles in 2 hours 12 minutes (official time). Hoo-Rah!! She was up by 4 am getting ready for her race and I followed soon after by getting up at 4:30 am.

The day was cold and by the time she finished it had started to rain.

And with the rain came a full blown migraine on me. Ergh! It just sucked! I’d been doing so well managing these migraines. I’ve only had mild ones lately, the kind where I can still function. With the new healthy diet, losing weight and the vitamins I’ve been taking…I thought they were FINALLY starting to subside. But this migraine laid me out. We arrived back at the apartment by 2 pm and all I could do was go to my room, draw the shades and sleep. I was back to the nausea, light sensitivity and the right side of my brain on fire. *sigh *

Today, the cold outside feels good but I feel sluggish and low energy with the remnants of a mild migraine. I am trying not to sink into my usual pity party. It’s difficult not to when dealing with a long term health issue. Anyway, it’s time to get my day started.

Today I’m listening to Blue October. Love the raspy voice of lead singer Justin Furstenfeld. I’m putting up a 2011 video, THE FEEL AGAIN (STAY)

It’s a Blue October day.  Peace, L~



All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2012 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment