Friday, October 12, 2012

Finding the gooey center.

It was an interesting evening Wednesday night. I always love that hush that falls over the audience…it’s the moment that I know people are listening. And I found my calm center when I got up to read my poems. My pieces were well received. Yay!! The other poets were really good too.

The audience was a mixed group… altho’ the people who worked for the paper tended to gravitate towards each other. I’m glad I had a few friends in the audience. By the time I was on the train heading home the adrenaline began to wear off …needless to say I crashed when I got home.

This has been a crazy hectic week and I am ready to for the weekend.

My best friend T. is going to have surgery soon. A bit worried over it but have been fluctuating between that and complete denial. Going up to his neck of the woods next weekend. Will know more then. Ergh.

Lots of running around the next three days. Tonight, I’m off to a reading of Nilo Cruz’s work in progress. I’m looking forward to that. Plus they are having a Q&A afterwards. I also have writing group on Saturday. Really looking forward to that too. Fall is always such a busy time, glad I have the energy.

That’s all I have for now. More to come later.

Peace,

L~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2012 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment