Friday, May 4, 2012

Out Past the City Limits

The sound of thunder woke me up very early this morning. Pandora turned into the Halloween cat (arched back, puffed out tail, walking sideways) and proceeded to find a place to hide when she thought the sky was falling. I love thunder storms. I curled up in my bed, tight warm blanket and listened to the sound of the rain for a good long while before I had to get up and get my day started.

Now, I am staring blankly into my computer screen and wishing I was anywhere else but here. I get that everyone feels this way sometimes but…today, I wish I was more of a nomad. Just pack a backpack with some essentials and head out. Wishful thinking. Besides Pandora doesn’t really like to travel, she’s more of a homebody who likes to stretch out on a bright spot in the apt to catch a few rays. She’s my seven lb anchor at the moment.

I know I’ve been a bit gaga over Jack White’s music but really it’s just an amazing distraction from the dissatisfactions of one’s life, don’t you think? I feel shackled and bound and I’m not even married. And for an hour or two music helps get me out of my own melancholy head and reminds me that there can be pleasurable moments. So an hour listening to the music of the rain helped.

I yearn to be out in the world today, taking a long walk out past the city limits, leaving the technology of laptop computers and smart phones behind. Anyway that’s all she wrote today. Heading off to work on my novel for a bit. Wish me good vibes and happy writing.

Peace,

L~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2012 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment