Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Day Late...

I know I’m a day late with this bit of news but I was distracted with my novel yesterday. Jack White is numero uno on the Billboard Album Charts. Hoorah!! A co-worker saw the album in Starbucks and told me he thought of me. Awww. It’s just because I’ve been raving about this album to anyone who will pay attention for 30 seconds. And even when they don’t pay attention I make mention of it. I warned everyone ahead of time that I have a music crush on White, so peeps have been duly warned.

Rolling Stone’s Steve Knopper writes: “Will the chart success last? Almost certainly not. No rock band – not even sales powerhouses Nickelback and Coldplay – manages to stick around the album charts for very long.
Say it ain’t so!! I’m hoping all those fellow rockers out there looking for a sound that is not completely synthesized on AutoTunes will check it out. There is enough buzz happening out in the world that he may hold on to the spot for longer than a week.

I’m sporting indigo blue nail polish to show my enthusiasm.  :-)

Anyway, all this rock music has me revisiting music by Led Zeppelin and looking for new sounds like Black Keys.

Marvel’s The Avengers comes out this weekend and Joss Whedon directed this flick. I’m very excited! Folks are already lined up to see a midnight viewing of this film. I’d be out there too but I am not independently wealthy this week. So I may hold off till a Saturday viewing. I was trying to convince my younger sister to come along but she’s not really a fan of Whedon. I’m not really sure if we’re related once she broke that news to me but we’ve always suspected she may have been left on the doorstep. Hehehe. * I kid, I kid *

Rock on people, rock on!!

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2012 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment