Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Sound of My Voice


Holy Hell!!  Went to see Sound of My Voice and it's AMAZING! Truly, a thinking person's film.  Blew my mind and I don't say that lightly.  This film is directed by Zal Batmanglij, written by Zal Batmanglij and Brit Marling.  I am a HUGE fan of Brit Marling.  She also wrote and starred in Another Earth.  I LOVE what she's doing for film. Christopher Denham and Nicole Vicius play Peter and Lorna, a couple who infiltrate a group led by Maggie (Brit Marling) to create a documentary on cults but things takes a creepy turn.  The couple start to unravel when they begin to question their motives and some of Maggie's rhetoric starts to seep in. Christopher Denham performance crackles electric against Brit Marling's cult leader. And Nicole Vicius as Lorna plays an interesting counterpoint to Maggie and Peter. Go to their website (linked above) and watch the first 12 minutes, I promise you it's intriguing.   


All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2012 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment