Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Hooray for Grey Days

It’s been damp and grey the last couple of days. Yesterday, I took a walk down by the Lower East Side and came across this wall of urban painted pictograph on E. Houston. I had to take a pic. At first, I wanted a shot of it straight on but I liked the details on this piece. The paint was running down the wall. Unlike ancient glyphs, there was no etching into rock for longevity. Instead, the temporary aspect of the piece made me pause. The city keeps evolving and changing each year with a quickening pace. I looked down to see if the paint had reached the sidewalk but the rain seems to have washed it away.

Anyway, I kept walking, listening to Ani DiFranco on my iPod, and on Lafayette something caught my eye. On Bond street, there is this amazing iridescent green building that I haven’t seen before. I was trying to get a decent pic to show off its colors but alas I only pinned down a corner. The building has a stone gate that reminded me of Gaudi. Lovely.
Enjoy the pics.

L~
 
All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2012 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment