Thursday, April 19, 2012

Spring Cleaning


It’s that time again. I am on a rampage across my apartment & my life and have been sorting “stuff” out of the closets (literally and metaphorically). I’ve made a decision to contract a bit of the work that I have both in my physical space and out in cyberspace too. Which means, that I’m pulling down /throwing out /discarding paintings. I’m pulling down my profile from Fine Art America and rolling up some canvases up and binning all that work-in-progress. Also re-vamping my website and pulling down my painter-ly profile. I think I’m disowning the painter in me. I’m not in a snit. The reality is that I haven’t touched my paints and IF I’m not working in the medium, I’m not growing in the medium. Therefore, I’m keeping two of my favorite pieces and the rest are going. I just don’t have the space to store it all. And I’m not paying storage fees for it either.

So, I am also pulling loads of books from my shelf and putting them out in the lobby of my building for folks to snatch up. My bookshelves are so jammed packed that I need to gift away a good portion. I need breathing room. I’m also sending T back his collection of our favorite sci-fi show Farscape, it’s an extensive collection. Now that he’s in a new space and has room again, I can send that on.

I also have about 20 years worth of journals that I’d really like to torch. I’m still on the fence about the journals but let’s see how much I get accomplished tonight. I’m trying to lighten my load and I refuse to buy anymore bookshelves. Doing this makes me feels like I’m on the verge of becoming a nomad and I’m looking to strip down and keep only the essentials. Time to go make a dent *rolling up my sleeves and getting to work*.

By the way, an anonymous reader suggested that I check out CowBird as another place to send written work. Thanks for the tip, I’ll definitely look into it.

Peace out,

L~
 
All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2012 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

1 comment: