Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Blood For Poppies

I know it’s been awhile since I last wrote. Hmmm, I can only blame it on this pesky chest cold, * cough, cough * It took me out of commission late last week and I’ve been trying to stay warm, in this icebox of an office, wrapped in a thick flow-y sweater and drinking lots of hot tea. I can feel the stirrings of Spring fever as I sit here listening to some tunes from Chicago (the Broadway musical) on Pandora music. The jazzy vibe from the music is intoxicating today.

Yes, I have a soft spot for Broadway musicals. Hello? it makes sense, I love music. Wish I could hold a tune better because I’d be out there peddling myself as a musician. But alas, the gods chose to make me a shy, wilting wallflower. BAH! That last sentence made me laugh out loud. Maybe my next collaboration will be for a Broadway musical. Good golly miss molly....that is a huge undertaking that my poor sickly constitution can’t quite allow me to wrap my head around. But wouldn’t it be fantastic!! It would have to be a love story...but whose? Perhaps it can be part cabaret with a story threading its way thru a series of songs and dances. Yes, my wheels are turning. That’s going to have to be for another day though. My to-do list seems to be growing by the day.

I am in the process of pulling my writing portfolio together so I can start sending it out to some NYC studios again. I need to find a full time gig preferably writing for television. I’ve spent enough time spinning my wheels trying to finish this novel. Right now I wish I had my laptop here so I can pull strong scenes from plays I’ve written. I also need to convert some video footage from VHS to digital to burn DVDs to include in that packet of work that I’ve put up. It’s going to be a full-on package of works produced by yours truly. I am excited and very nervous. I have giant butterflies in my stomach just thinking about.

So my song choice for today is Garbage, Blood For Poppies.

I love Shirley Manson’s voice and OMG! Duke Erikson's bass playing on this album is sick. I keep listening to it just to listen to the man riff. I can’t wait for their album to drop. I looked up tour dates and sure enough tickets are already sold out to their concert in NYC. I am a day late and a dollar short. Story of my life....

Rock on people...rock on!!

L~~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2012 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment