Thursday, January 19, 2012

Brr-isk Day

I finished a rough draft of Chapter 8 and will be bringing it in to writing group tonight. I am sitting here reminding myself that it’s all right for it to be a rough draft right now. I am aware of the glaring holes. And I have to temper myself otherwise I’ll rush in too soon to fix it and then make a bigger mess. So…I will wait. Let the new lines…the new direction of the story…gel up before I try to reconstruct them into something else. Ergh! Does any of this make sense? Gosh I hope so. Cause at this very moment, I’m finding it difficult to communicate in the written form. Perhaps I should try symbology or hieroglyphics to get my point across.

It’s a windy day in Nu Yawk Sitty but I’m a-liking it. While people are bundling themselves tighter into their wooly coats…I am walking around with a smile on my face. Windy days are great for clearing the cobwebs. The moody blues that have been weighting me down the past week have dissipated the last two days. I feel lighter and brighter. There is something about clean, crisp air that wakes me right up.

It reminds me of when I lived in Oswego. The college was right by Lake Ontario so we would get this amazing burst of cold air coursing through the campus. Yummy. I would take my red bike and pedal through town as fast as I could go. That was fun and I miss having a bicycle. Then again, I’m not sure how safe I would be riding alongside NYC traffic. Eeek! I don’t think a rinky-dink bell would save me from the likes of NY cabbies who don’t like sharing the road. Ah, I digress. That’s a conversation for another day. Anyway…that’s all I’ve got for today.

Peace,

L~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2011 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment