Friday, January 20, 2012

Breakeven by The Script


I know this is not a new and shiny song. None of my favorites ever are by the time they are engraved into my psyche. Anyway, Breakeven by The Script has been on a loop all morning for me. It’s my theme song for today. It slipped under my skin and took root. Woke up with the music in my head. Listened to it while I getting ready for work. The chorus kept playing in my head on my way to work. And now I’m sitting at my desk…listening to the song yet again. I tell you, when my brain wants to gnaw on a song, it just won’t let go.

I just really like Danny O'Donoghue’s voice and when he hits those hit notes…I’m belting along…wishing I had a better voice. :-) This is also a song that makes me sway and groove in public. Standing on the subway, moving from side to side and wishing I could break out of my own skin and dance out loud.

Mark Sheehan riffing on that guitar brings me “glad-to-be-alive” kind of joy. When I get home I am going to blast out this song across the apartment. Can’t wait.

The Script came out with a new album on Wednesday called Science and Faith. May have to preview the album and see if I can find a song that can move me the way Breakeven has done today.

Rock on people, rock on.


L~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2012 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment