Friday, January 13, 2012

One foot out the door

It’s the Friday before a long weekend and I am feeling antsy. I want to get moving, I want to get going but I am sitting here waiting. At the moment, there is nothing immediate that needs to be done. I could work on my writing but I’m covering phones today. I can’t take the constant interruption without wanting to rip someone’s head off. So the writing will have to wait.

I brought the latest chapter into my writing group yesterday. The feedback they gave me was on point. They brought up the places where they felt there was something missing or that needed to be reworked. My second main character is too similar to my protagonist and now I am trying to figure out how to make her voice more distinctive. What I have in my head isn’t quite translating out onto the page yet. I’m not frustrated about it… just trying to work it out. Ergh. Means reworking chapter 7 again. *rubbing my face off*

I’m still working on finishing up Chapter 8. I spent some time yesterday researching 2nd degree burns, what’s considered extensive and life threatening and the complications that arise. I managed to add another 200 words to the chapter. It’s something.

I can’t stop thinking about this story. My brain is filled with images and scenes of things to come and I jot down a sentence or a couple of lines to remind me later. I’ve resorted to jotting notes on index cards and scrap paper. Not really a good method since I’ll look at the notes later and need to decipher what my cryptic messages mean. There is a fine balance between writing too fast and writing too slow. I don’t want to lose what’s coming up but if I rush through then it’s about having to fill it out later. Goodness. Am I griping? ‘Cause it’s starting to sound that way. Okay I think that’s where I’ll stop for the day.

It’s a windy, rainy day and I have one foot out the door. Just have 2.5 more hours before I can go.

Peace,

L~

Go Giants!! 

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2011 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment