Sunday, December 28, 2014

On the other side of the holidays

I made it through the holiday season in one piece, more or less.  Family dinners were made. Presents were passed out.  Most leftovers were eaten, etc. This weekend I spent time cleaning out my room from the tall stack of papers that had piled up over the last several months.  I have finally cleared it out once and for all. I chucked old journals that I will not be taking with me when I find some new digs.  Lightening my load starts now.
It was a mild day on Saturday, enough to grab a wrap sweater, a cup of tea and sit in the back yard enjoying a bit of sun on my face, while reading Candace B. Pert's Molecules of Emotion on the science behind mind-body medicine. She makes biochemistry and brain mapping accessible. I was enjoying the quiet afternoon and despite having a mild migraine I just wanted to take it in for all its worth. I curled up and took a nap and it helped dispel the headache.
This week we will be ringing in the New Year.  I think I'm going to spend that night writing. Perhaps finally break out my novel and really start revising it. Even the thought of it makes my stomach rumble. Anyway, that's all I have for now.
Peace,
Lily~


All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2014 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment