Thursday, December 18, 2014

Duck and Run

I'm having a difficult night tonight. After many years of my folks "threatening" to sell the family home they are finally going to make that leap. It's strange how hard it's hitting me.  I've lived in this house on and off since I was eight years old.  For those keeping count that's a mighty long time. Even though I knew this was coming down the pipeline it has always felt like it was further off into the future.  Alas, that is not the case.  It feels strange to know that the house that I grew up in will no longer be ours. It's strange how we attach ourselves to material structures.  Even though I've been helping with the many renovations for just this purpose...it feels strange that in a few months it will go up on the market.  Goodness...who is ready for that?  Which of course also means its time to look for a new place to live.  And again, who is ready for that? I've moved so many times in the past seven years that I'm ready to find something all my own. Everything is changing... even me.  I just have to accept how things are transpiring and hopefully the next couple of months will bring interesting opportunities.

Peace,
L~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2014 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment