Monday, December 8, 2014

December Update

The Book Launch Reading last Wednesday (12/3) at The Nuyorican Poets Cafe went well.  My piece  "Blanca's Monologue" from my play Glass Knives was 4.5 minutes long.  Concise, to-the-point and well-received, as is this update. Haha.  No, but seriously I was so nervous and anxious over this piece and this particular performance that I was surprised at how smooth the actual night went.  As an audience member highlights for me were Polly Frost's piece and seeing Pamela Sneed perform/recite her piece. Glad I had the chance to see them.  And of course always great to see Dano Madden's work and James Armstrong's work. I'm pleased that I went out there and presented work myself.  Hurrah on that front.

Saturday night I went to see the movie The Imitation Game starring Benedict Cumberbatch. The story about Alan Turing, the English mathematician that help break the German Enigma code during World War II.  The ending had me wanting to bawl my eyes out.  Every time I read or hear about a Queer person committing suicide, either in the present or in the past, it absolutely breaks my damned heart.  Anyway, I can't write much more than that because this small post will turn into a rant. The movie itself revolves around Turing's work in creating the machine to help break the code and some of what transpires in his life after the war.  Cumberbatch is amazing in the title role.

Peace,
L~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2014 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment