Saturday, December 6, 2014

Mild Winter Night

It was a balmy Friday night in New York City.  The rain was coming down in a thin oily mist.  The streets were reflective giving over to the noise of passing traffic. My romantic sensibilities were heightened by the elegant way the night sparkled.  My boots splashed up water onto the back of my work trousers.  The wool coat kept me warm against the occasional gust of icy wind racing up the Park Slope hill. It's beautiful on this mild winter night. I enjoyed the feel of the thin film of water on my face and smiled into the darkness.  Romantic sensibilities indeed.  You'd think someone was in love or something.  Ah! Just in love with a solitary walk in the rain, enjoying the dark quiet night.  Lovely!

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2014 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment