Saturday, December 20, 2014

Interstellar

A few days ago I went to see the Christopher Nolan film, Interstellar.  It's about a team of scientists who travel through a wormhole to find a way of saving a dying humanity.  The premise was sound.  The beginning and middle part of the movie I was invested as an audience member.  When the team landed in the planet made of water and the tidal waves began I was gripped with anxiety, the scene was nail-biting. Unfortunately, at times, the sound system was so loud that I had to cover my ears and I would miss some information.  There is a point in the story arc where I was pulled out and I wanted to call bullshit.  I won't mention which part of the movie it is BUT it was so glaring for me that the suspension of belief was over and it was hard to remain captivated from that point on.  The science in the movie was enjoyable and there is something about space travel that absolutely fascinates me.  At least it was worth it from that perspective.

Peace,
L~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2014 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment