Monday, October 21, 2013

Quick Weekend

The weekend went by too quickly. Partly due to a writing group session and a small wine party afterwards.  Partly due to coming down with yet another cold and a migraine.

The good part of the weekend involved a writing group session, meeting up with fellow writers and going over new material. Then a get-together with some folks from grad school. It was an evening of catching up, talking about the craft of writing and more than a few laughs.  It was exactly what we all needed. It made me very aware of that part of me that I've been neglecting lately. My day job has been taking up too much head space leaving me pretty blank by day's end.  I've neglected journalling, writing blogs, and the novel.  No wonder I'm feeling so stressed and out-of-sorts.  The plan is to get back on track. More writing every day.  Did some writing today and I've started to feel sane, I think.  Can't really remember what sane feels like so I'll pretend that I do until it's true.  :-)

Still sick though.  I've been fighting the same cold for the past three weeks.  It seems to be getting the best of me unfortunately.  Add another layer with a splitting migraine and I was not a happy camper. I didn't even drink at the wine party which makes it doubly frustrating. Anyway, lots of rest and hiding under my duvet. Today the migraine is mostly gone but the cold lingers.

That's all I have for today.

Peace,

L~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2013 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment