Saturday, October 5, 2013

Oh me, oh my

October is turning out to be a very busy month.
Lots of fun social events with friends. Yay!
Tickets to see Fiona Apple in concert.  Looking forward to that.
Even had a fun night out with fellow workers from my day gig a couple of nights ago.  Usually my introverted side has a hard time mingling...but I managed to stay for an hour and a half without putting my foot in my mouth...yay.  Hehehe...only those who ever feel socially awkward truly understand.  * doing a little dance. *
I also booked a train ticket to go see my best friend upstate over the long Columbus Day weekend.  Yay.  I'm bringing my laptop to work on my slow progressing novel.  Rest and relaxation and writing...who can beat that?
My grandmother is coming into town so lots of cleaning and running errands before she arrives later tonight.  She's in town because one of my aunts has been very sickly lately. Hopefully it won't be a sad visit.
Let's see, I had this wicked cold last weekend that had me laid out for the better part of the week...and today I feel bright-eyed and bushy tailed.  * awww *
Last but certainly not least, a friend of mine who's been laid up in the hospital after complications from a ruptured appendix is finally back on the road to recovery.  K was released earlier in the week but she still needs an at-home day nurse to help change IV antibiotics. She was in such bad shape that I thought the outcome was going to be different.  Her fighting Irish spirit was not giving up.  Thank goodness.  The down side is that her doctors are telling her that she's not allowed to go back to work for at least 6 months. For someone who's a day laborer that's difficult news to hear. Thankfully, she's got some good friends who are lending her a hand.  To be rich with the bonds of friendship is all the treasure you need in this world...truly. I learned that lesson from one of my favorite movies, 'It's A Wonderful Life.'
I think I've put off getting my day started long enough....time to hit the shower.
Peace,
L~



All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2013 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment