Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Cold Hard Gaze

Do you ever stand back and take a look at the state of your life and think, where the heck am I?
Sheesh this happens to me far too often. However, this is not one of those self-pitying entries. It's a cold hard gaze, seeing clearly the scope and range of my life...the good, the bad, the ugly and the beautiful. No doubt, I have had some hardships in my life. In this day and age who hasn't.  I have a crazy family who drive me bat-shit crazy from time to time but who love and support me the best way they know how. My extended family of close, bright, vibrant friends who make my heart glad when I think of them or when I hear from them...who let me vent without judgment, who vent back when they need support and they know they can count on me too. God! how much do I love them all?  Even the ones that I'm no longer on good terms with or who I fell out of grace with. I am grateful for the gifts, the lessons and the challenges that have come and gone. They have made me far more resilient than I ever give myself credit. I pride myself on being efficient person but really that's just a skill I've honed. What really matters is the people who have ever come into my life, who are in my life, or no longer actively communicating or who have passed from this life.  Those connections, some brief, some that have spanned decades...those in community, those who I've shared prayers with, both teachers and students, lovers and friends. Tonight, I feel blessed to have known them all. I am filled with gratitude and I just wanted to share this personal tidbit.  * heart wide open *
L~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2013 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

1 comment: