Sunday, September 15, 2013

Mid-month Update

Let's see, it's been awhile since I've written an entry.  Here are the current stats.

Writing: Slow and steady, I am working on revising the novel.  I am re-writing points of views so it's about re-shaping the way the story is being told.  Not sure yet, if it's working but I'll just plug through until I've made a solid pass across the whole manuscript.

Health: Had my first appointment with a naturopathic doctor to figure out the pain that I've been dealing with.  She's recommended a restrictive diet to weed out the possibility of food allergies and some herbs to help tonify organ functions. I am feeling positive and glad about being pro-active about my health.  Let's see how it all sorts out.

Music: Went to see Blue October play live at Irving Plaza on Saturday.  Their music live is so worth the price of a ticket! The group has some rabid fans but the best part of that is the ability to listen to the whole audience singing/shouting/carrying along with music.  Frontman Justin Furstenfeld has such a great growl and when the music crescendoes, the audience is riding along with that wave.  Irving Plaza was a bit too small for this group's crowd but I was able to grab a spot near an open door, that helped keep my claustrophobia at bay.  His rendition of Bleed Out (from his new album) was so genuine and heartfelt that I could feel the intention of the song down to my toes.  He also sang the first song that turned me onto this group Hate Me.  I also wanted to mention the song Fear, the version that he sang at Irving gave me the chills. The song was sung with a full open voice..really beautifully done.  I can't stop listening to their music.  Hoorah!!  

I think that's all I have for now.  I have to get some sleep.  Enjoy!!

Peace,
L~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2013 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment